Monday, August 6, 2012

EIR Closure



Sadly, we are coming an end to the EIR journey. This is going to be the last post - blog reflection of our EIR module. Nevertheless, besides the sadness; definitely I will have to agree that this journey has given me a fruitful experience. When I was choosing this CDS, the name Effective Internet Research, suggested something familiar and simple. However, after few lessons of EIR, I learnt that it is neither familiar nor simple, it is more than that! Each and every lesson was enjoyable and fun.

Something appeared familiar but when I get to know about it more, I realised that there are more things that I had to know. Education has no ending. We should not put a full stop to learning assuming that we know everything. There is always a touch for us to learn and benefit. As such, I learnt various skills and knowledge from this module.

All I knew about search facilities before this EIR module were Google and Yahoo. Never did I know that my world was too small. I got to learn that there are different types that are available which are invisible databases, meta-search engines and subject directories. These were undeniably very beneficial for me. 

Definitely, all the students will come across researches and projects in their school life one day. That is what I am exactly going through these two years. So through these search facilities, I learnt that there are different ways and different tools to obtain the information that we require. This improved the retrieval of more reliable information efficiently.

Besides the search facilities, BOOLEAN operator was something that was exceptionally helpful for me. Before this EIR lessons and module, I had an idea as to what is BOOLEAN operator. Little did I know about its function or purpose. After learning about it, it was indeed very advantageous and appropriate for me. So that in future, when I am unable to find certain information on the internet for my research, I can use the skill of BOOLEAN operator to get information more efficiently.

As whole, EIR is an eye-opener to me! At first, I was just”clay" assuming that I knew most of the things about the Internet and its tools.


However, EIR created the platform for me and proved that there are more things to be learnt. It has now carved me into a beautiful statue with all the knowledge and skills about Effective Internet Research =D


Now, I am coming to the end of my blog. I have already recommended this CDS to my year 1 juniors to take up and have an awesome experience. No matter what, lets use the knowledge gained to benefit others too. With this, I would like to say my final "BYE! BYE!" to all of you and EIR. 

No comments:

Post a Comment